OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: To provide care and practical help to our clients in a manner that promotes respect, dignity and choice. To service clients in the Marlow, Taplow, Maidenhead, Windsor, Slough Areas - you will be given clients within VERY close vicinity to your postcode.
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK STATUS: Enhanced DBS check.
- Provide personal care in a sensitive manner in line with assessed needs.
- To make sure our clients receive appropriate health care and advice when necessary.
- To assist and help people with all areas necessary for them to live as independently as possible e.g. laundry, cleaning, cooking shopping etc.
- To administer medication as needed, following policy guidelines.
- To be able to follow an agreed care plan.
- To record all appropriate communication in the care book and seek advice from your care manager when needed.
- To respect confidentiality at all times.
- To dress appropriately for the post in accordance with the uniform policy.
SUPPORTING THE COMPANY AND ITS PERFORMANCE:
- To ensure any Health and Safety issues are reported immediately.
- To liaise with peers and other professionals.
- Where required, assist to ensure that all calls are covered.
- To report and concerns, complaints or safeguarding issues.
- To attend staff meetings, training, supervisions and appraisals where necessary.
Able to show a high level of initiative when working with clients and be able to communicate effectively at all levels. To be able to travel within a community setting and be flexible and reliable.
- Good comprehension of English.
- Ability to recognise poor practice.
- Ability to recognise and report hazards.
- Ability to show empathy.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Quality focused.
- Good people skills.